The way a spur hugs your heel can make or break your day. We bend each heel band to its wearer for a firm hold that does not pinch or rub your foot. We ask for a specific measurement to ensure this fit is correct. Below is step by step instruction on getting this measurement with your current pair of spurs or your boot.
Measuring your fit from a current set of spurs
If you have a pair of spurs that you love the fit on, you can get that same feel by measuring them as per below.
1) trace the inside of your current spur as close to the heel band as possible
2) measure the width of the opening
3) draw a line where the measurement was taken and note the width
4) put your name and the date on the top of the drawing and fax/email/post it to us
Measuring your fit from your boot
If there is a pair of boots you love or if you don't have another set of spurs to measure from, please use the following method to ensure the perfect fit.
1) get a piece of stiff wire and wear the boot that you want to measure from
2) wrap the wire around your heel where the spur will ride (molding the shape)
3) make sure the wire is holding its shape and can be slid on and off your boot
4) trace the inside of the wire shape as close to the wire as possible
5) measure the width of the opening
6) draw a line where the measurement was taken and note the width
7) put your name and the date on the top of the drawing and fax/email/post it to us
If you have any questions about this process please contact us and we will get your on the right path. We look forward to making your spurs and your day perfect!
Look for the "Tom Balding" stamp on every bit and spur, and be confident it's the mark of an original. All looks, designs, names, and website content TM and © by Tom Balding Bits and Spurs. All Rights Reserved. The Balding looks, names and designs are protected under US Trademark law, US Copyright law and/or International Treaty. Reproduction or imitation is prohibited by law.